Friday 30 March 2012

Things to Make

I love being inspired by things on the web, especially crafty things. So many things I want to have a go at or something I can take ideas from. The later I keep stored over on my Pinterest Boards. The former either I try or just keep getting put in the back of my mind in limbo.

This list is a part repost from another blog that was a 2012 project list. However I'm going to give it a tidy up a bit to reflect my crafting in general. 

Make more cards - Despite the price of stamps going up to stupid prices this year, I still want to do this. I got a lot of pleasure from making Christmas Cards for 2011 so I want to do more. I have a fair bit of supplies to use up so this one will be relatively low cost.

Two blankets for Mutley - My gorgeous pup (ok a few years too old to be a pup) likes to be warm during the winter. So I'm thinking making him a couple of fleecy blankets with a crochet border.

My teddy bear - he's been sat in the cupboard unfinished for the better part of 5 years and now I've gotten to grips with my sewing machine, I should be able to get his looking nicer than my hand stitching attempts so far.

Doorstops. I want to make a purple coloured one for mum's room since the pink one she currently has doesn't match the new bedding she has just bought. A neutral coloured one for my god mother, myself and my granddad.

Cross Stitch - Really didn't thing I would be interested in trying this one, but a few sample magazines I found on my my Ipad's Newsstand  has convinced me other wise.

Glass etching. - This one is heading towards my pipe dream crafting. I really would like to personalise some glasses for next Christmas, a nice wine glass for mum, pint glass for Adam ect. Just need to do some research into how best to do it. I've read that the acid etching cream gives better result and can be watched in the dishwasher.

Another pipe dream project. Silver clay. I see this stuff used from time to time on craft forums and recently on Kirsty Allsop's new craft series. What I would really like to make would be a leaf pendant, using a leaf from the rose plant Adam bought me when I finished my A levels. (no one thought that thing would last for too long, but it's thriving in a nice big pot outside the kitchen door, it even was flowering again a few days before Christmas).




No comments:

Post a Comment