Monday 16 April 2012

Back home

Me and Adam had a great week away, we started the bank Holiday weekend up in Warrington to celebrate Adam's birthday. I got a bit of crocheting done, continuing to work on my Link Amigurumi until I realised I had forgotten to bring my Aran coloured yarn with me and couldn't go any further. So instead I picked up my Cross Stitch magazine and started one of the patterns.


I really enjoy working on this, still have a little more to do on this piece but I'm happy I've tried with this small sample piece to get back into the swing of doing cross stitch. It's given me confidence to work on the Christmas patterns that inspired me to retry this craft now. 

I also finished reading the Hunger Games over the weekend. Despite being rather reserved about the story, I really enjoyed it. Some Mild Spoilers if you want to skip the next paragraph: 
It wasn't a perfect book by any means, I semi-dislike the whole love-triangle theme that I'm sure will be more prevalent in the next two books. I also feel that Katniss has it easy in the terms who she killed, the nice and neutral characters that would have caused her a moral dilemma for her were always taken out by someone else.
All in all though it was a good little read, and I was hungry for more once I had reached the last page. I'm even tempted to check out the film version and I never normally like seeing film versions of books I've read. (or reading books after I've seen the film version for that matter.)

On Tuesday we headed up to Blackpool for a couple of days. The moment got in the car the sun came out and even though the weather reports constantly said it would be raining all three days we had brilliant sunshine.
 I adore this windmill that's close to the holiday camp where we where staying, couldn't resist snapping a picture of it as we drove past.

On Wednesday we visited Blackpool Zoo, it's a rather nice little place, and I got some nice film on the Ipad (although it badly needs editing before I share). However the still photos are a bit lack lustre due to the fact that there is no zoom on the camera (digital zoom will never ever count).


On Thursday we had a walk down to the sea front. I snapped a couple of pics, before we had lunch on the beach. 


In the evenings we chilled out watching our way through all the films leading up the the Avengers (apart from the two Hulk films since I dozed off during both of those).

We headed back to Warrington for a few more days we visited my favourite wool shop, and picked up some more Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK yarn. Got 8 balls in both Buff and Treacle (which will be used for some cushion covers) and 1 ball in the colours Jou Jou, Smooch, Lido and Mango Presse (which will get me started on new ripple blanket for myself since Mutley has claimed my half finished pastel one for his bed upstairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment