Tuesday 17 April 2012

Mother's Day Card and gift bag

Mother's Day has come and gone but I though I should share with you the cards I made for mine and Adam's Mum.

The rose paper and the flower stickers are from the kit I got from the QVC outlet shop, and the Mother's Day topper I made myself in Paint shop since I had no pre-made toppers in my stash.

The Crocheted Butterfly I made using a pattern from Maries Making, however for my Butterflies I used size 16 White Crochet cotton and a size 1.00mm hook. It was pretty fiddly work but I'm really happy how it turned out. I used a bit of Beading wire and some small beads for the antennas.


I also made this little bag so I could put her gifts in, it was really simple. I used three A4 pieces of Dark red felt from Hobbycraft to make the bag and some off cuts of felt for leaves.




The Flower was  nice as simple I used a 3.50mm hook and used Hayfield Bonus DK in Primrose.

Chain 8, Join with sl st to form a ring.

Round 1: Ch 1, working in ring, 1 Sc, 1 Hdc, 4 Dc, 2 Sc, 1 Hdc, 4 Dc, 1 Hdc, 1 Sc, Sl St on the first Sc. (16)

Round 2: Ch 1, Sc in same St, (Ch 3, Skip one St, Sc on next St) repeat around, join. (8 Ch-3 loops).

Round 3: [(SC, Hdc, 3 Dc, Hdc, Sc) in Ch-3 loop, Sl St in Sc] repeat around, join (8 Petals)

Round 4: Ch 1, still facing front. Work the next stitches at the back of Round 3 petals, (Sc on the next available St from Round 1 Ch 5) repeat around, join. (8 Ch-5 loops)

Round 5: (Sc, Hdc, 5 Dc, Hdc, Sc) in each Ch 5 loop around, join (8 Petals)

Round 6: Ch 5, still facing front, work the next stitches at the back of Round 5 petals, (skip one St, Sc on the same St as the Ch-3 loop from Round 2. Ch 5. Repeat around, join (8 Ch-5 loops)

Round 7: Repeat Round 5.

Fasten off and weave in ends.

I attached my flower to the bag by using some yellow embroidery thread and then to finish it off I added some little pearl beads to the centre of the flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment