Saturday 21 April 2012

Making quick pages

I really like it when I have some nice quick pages to use, they are so simple, drop in your pictures and your done. So this got me thinking, why not make some of my own from the kits I have? It's great practice and I can save my work as different layer groups to make it nice and easy to work with / change if that photo I want to use in the future just wont fit.

Here's my first attempt, I've used elements from a Kellybell Designs Kit "Expedition Safari". 


This image is made up of four parts *saved separately on my PC for when I come to use it*. The top layer, which has the buttons and embellishments over the photos. The 2nd layer which is the Photo frames, I just need to slot my photos in behind them then add some shadowing. The 3rd layer which is the page boarder and the big cluster in the bottom right of the page.  The 4th and final layer (which I didn't save purposely) consists of a big picture (The Tree of Life in this case) and a paper layer set as an overlay.


I really enjoyed making this up and didn't take too long at all, and and by splitting the Quick Page into a couple of layers I still give myself some flexibility just in case i get an awkwardly sized photo to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment